Saturday, August 23, 2008

How Will They Know?

The other day my big goal for the day was to get the kitchen floor clean. It was one of those chores that was way past needing to be done and I just wanted to get it done and move on. Monica is my buddy who likes to do just about everything I'm doing and this day it was the floor. I have to back up a little here and tell you that she loves to listen to "church songs" (primary songs) and had asked me to turn them on that morning. We were sweeping and singing. Now it was time to mop and she insisted that she do it herself. I was beginning to get a little frustrated because by now I just wanted to hurry and finish, but then the song "How will they know?" came on. As I listened to "How will they know unless we teach them so" I realized that I could take some time and just let her help me and in the process I learned that I need to teach her not only how to clean a floor but how to help and how to have fun spending time together. So, I pushed away my frustration and got the camera instead and enjoyed the time it took to finally get my floor clean.

2 comments:

Ali and Rob said...

SO TRUE!! they love to be little helpers! and yes most of the time they help too much! my boys love to do laundry??! all the pictures, monica's hair, baseball, vacation are sooo cute! I think meghan looks like Cameron. so adorable! love and miss you all. I have to update tonight!

Jackie said...

How sweet. I need to slow down and let them help more, while they are still willing.